Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thoughts and prayers please.

Last night, well actually early morning at 2:00am, I dropped off Nimue, LuceyLot, and Charmin at the shelter for their very first visit with a veterinarian.

This morning is Spay Day for Texas Pawprints. About once a month we load up any fosters and new captures and send them off to our shelter vet for an all day marathon spay day. I'm hoping with lots of crossed fingers that at least Nimue is ok'd for the spay surgery today. Eventhough I separated her from the kittens to start the weaning process, she's still producing milk. This may be an issue for the vet, the shelter says it depends on how much milk she has. I also sent the kittens. Some vets are spaying and neutering right at 8 weeks old now. This particlar vet does it on a case by case basis, so he'll look at them and decide whether he's comfortable doing it or not. I'm almost resigned to them coming home in tact, and that's ok. I can handle them waiting a little longer. I just really Need Nimue to be spayed today!

So, please send us good thoughts, prayers, crossed fingers, energy, whatever your belief, we'll take it. Not only do we need help with Nimue, but we need safe surgeries for All if they're all accepted for the procedure today. I never take spay and neuter surgeries for granted anymore. Not after the loss of little Virgo two years ago.

In other news, I have a Darling medium haired torti girl loving me up right now. Her name is Lavinia and her foster mom couldn't bring her to the adopt a pet today, but she has a family scheduled to come and meet her for possible adoption. Let's all send her good thoughts, prayers, crossed finers, etc. She is a Doll and a half! I sure hope this family falls in love with her and takes her home. Seriously, she is one of those sweet cats who it would be Easy to fall desperately in love with.

0 comments: