Tuesday, June 27, 2006

6/27/06: Kitten Pictures

Anyways, without further ado, here are Foster Kitty Flo's babies:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
First one was born at 3:30ish AM. It's a brown tabby. Yes, she's having them on my Carpet! She decided she liked wedging hersef behind my bureau better than actually using the birthing box I made for her.

I'm leaving out the actual Birthing picture of kitten #2 for those weak of stomach for such things. But here are #1 and #2 together. #2 was born about 10 minutes after #1 and it's a brown tabby as well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My dog, Maizy, checkin' everything out. She was quite the whiny nut during all of this. She easily gets worried and since she's so big I have to be careful that she doesn't get over zealous in checking everything out and hurt anyone.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is Nabisco guarding the kittens. This is Just after the picture with Maizy. Nabisco allowed Maizy near them for just a few minutes before she whacked her and shooed her away. She guarded that box until Foster Kitty Flow decided it was time to move the kittens to a new place to have the other two kittens.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here's the final result. Kitten# 3 was born around 4:30am and is white and tabby spotted. Kitten# 4 was born around 5:00am and is a black tabby.

I moved them all back to the birthing box once I removed all the newspaper and made it comfy as you see above. The place she had the other two was too small for her and all the kittens to fit. She kept moving around and sitting on them. I put the box in the same place as her favored bed-Dunbar's bed-and that's just out of reach of Maizy's nose, so I hope she keeps them up there and I don't have to go hunting for them when I get home tonight.

0 comments: