Sunday, July 13, 2008

Horse Slaughter news

Today a blogverse friend posted some news on her personal blog about Horse Slaughter. I grew up with horses and still have one in my hometown on my dad's land, but unfortunately I can't afford to have him here with me in the big city. I am a little ashamed to say that I've not been keeping up with this issue as much as I should. I need to change that. In the meantime, here's a plea for help and the links that were rovided today for your information as well as mine.

Suffolk Downs Race Track has implemented a zero-tolerance policy on horse slaughter!

BLM intends to euthanize Mustangs.

Congressmen Rahall and Grijalva, at least, have questioned the BLM.

Remember, everyone, we STILL do not have The Horse Protection Act through and we need it. Horses are still going to Canada and Mexico, which is especially horrific in cruelty, every day. Until we get not only slaughter stopped in the US for good but also transportation for slaughter outlawed our horses are in danger. And, yes, that means EVERY horse because most stolen horses end up in slaughter! Please talk to your Senators and Representatives again!

0 comments: