Saturday, September 13, 2008

And she emerges from her cave

Right this very minute I'm sitting at my computer, which is right next to the door to the bathroom/closet, and Miss Nimue is sitting beside me. Yes, Beside me. Not in the doorway, not next to her food, not in the actual bathroom, she has actually decided to forsake her safe little personal area to come out and socialize with me. And this is definately for socializing with me and me only we're talking about here. She's still not getting along with the other cats. But she's relaxed a little bit when it comes to them. She doesn't charge the door anymore claws flying if they peek their noses into her sanctuary. So that's some progress. Whoops!!! Nimue just tried to jump on the Tower of Power and Taquita decided she wasn't having any of that. Hmmm. Well, at least she's trying.

I'm still not positive about the sexes of the kittens, but I'm leaning more towards the tabby being a boy, and the jury's still out on the russian blue. However, I have settled somewhat on names once I'm comfortable settling with sexes. The Tabby will be Lancelot and the Russian Blue will be Gawain if they are boys. If they are girls, the Tabby will be Morgaine and the Russian Blue will be Guenivere. Although I tend to change my mind about the girls' names back and forth, so I'm really only committing to the boys' names.

0 comments: