Thursday, September 18, 2008

squinty eyes

Those sweet little eyes are beginning to peek open!



For Sir Lancelot they are anyways. Gawain's eyes haven't started opening just yet, but that's ok, they're still only 1 and 1/2 weeks old, so he's not due to open his eyes for another several days. I remember Flo's litter had one kitten, Virgo, who opened his eyes rather early, and the rest of the litter opened their eyes within the next 3 days or so.

They are both, however, beginning to actually stand up on those wobbly little legs and move around. It won't be very long at all until they are wobbling all over the place. And then they will be impossible to contain, hehe.

Nimue is scheduled to have her combo testing either tonight or Friday. I am unsure if she's ever been tested or has ever had any shots. I assume neither as she was not spayed, but I could be wrong. I knew her past owner and knew that she had some serious early upper respiratory issues, but other than that I do not know what vet care she has received. I am actually quite positive that she never saw a vet for the Upper Respiratory because I was able to give her information on handling it until she was able to see a vet. I believe Nimue cleared up without a vet. I am crossing my fingers that she is clear of Feline Leukemia and FIV. Once we are sure on all accounts, I can let her freely roam within the apartment. She's begun to try to venture out of her area and I've allowed that on a controlled basis, but it will be nice if she can have free reign so she can continue to become socialized with the other cats and Maizy. Especially since she may very possibly have a home once she's weaned the kittens and that home comes with a dog.

Well, that's all the news for today. Here come the pictures.






0 comments: